Roasted Cauliflower & Green Olive Pasta
Roasting cauliflower makes it sweeter & milder, while the addition of olives provides a sharp, salty bite.
- 1 large head cauliflower, washed and cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, + extra for coating pasta.
- ¾ cup chopped green olives
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 450g package short pasta (such as penne rigate or rotini)
- salt, pepper
Toss the cauliflower pieces in the olive oil, salt & pepper and spread on a baking tray; roast in 425° oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chopped olives and grated cheese, mix and return the tray to the oven for 10 minutes.
While the cauliflower is roasting boil water and cook the pasta, following package directions.
After draining the pasta, return it to the pot, add the cauliflower mix & any oil on the tray and stir well, adding extra olive oil as needed to create a glossy coating. Serve with additional cheese. (Serves 4-6)